My Narrative Writing

James was looking outside the window eagerly to find the car dealership where we were going to collect a loan car or SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle) because our sedan was too low for the bumpy roads in and around Milford Sound. 

We were planning to leave about three hours after collecting our car when the Rental car manager walked to us and said 

“Hello guys um I have some bad news to tell you which is that in our rental car system it is showing that the Audi E-Tron that you booked is not in our car selection parking”

I was wondering where the car could have gone. Our train ride in and around Milford Sound was booked for 12:30pm and the time was running out because the clock had already struck 11:20am and it would take us 1 hour and five minutes to get there. I kept on looking at the time eagerly hoping that some good news would come our way.

I wasn’t worried about how to get to Milford Sound, however I am mainly worried about our train ticket. We have been trying constantly to get tickets for the train but it was always so busy. It didn’t help when Covid hit so we also couldn’t get the tickets at that time either. So that is why I am so worried about missing our train ride, and also the train tickets weren’t exactly cheap either.

I look back at the time and I see the minute hand creeping much too close to the 6 on the bottom of a clock so I ZOOM to James telling him what the time is and he freaks out and starts talking about the train ticket. I try to calm him down but he keeps on going. I am telling him that just talking will not help our case because we need to go to the front desk and ask them what is happening with the car and if and when it will arrive.

Our car manager, John, told us about our car and what happened to it. He says that our car has gone for a service because their system had crashed. Even after their team of computer systems engineers had rebooted their system some of the information was gone… unsalvageable. We were a little bit confusion and also somewhat angry. We could not tell what emotions we were feeling because hundreds of emotions just rushed through our heads.   

I asked John if we could get a different vehicle with slightly more or similar ground clearance.

The answer we wanted was just about to come out of John’s mouth istead!The service manager walks in and tells John about the one other SUV we were about to get and also the only other SUV in their collection which is also needing to be looked at by their trained car mechanics. 

I have now just given up on our train ride however I do feel a little bit better because they do have a 100% refund policy.

I tell James that it is ok if we don’t make it in time for our train ride. He says that it is fine however I am still disappointed in their system and how their service is towards us. That’s ok I try to tell James and not to escalate the situation we are facing right now. 

James is now starting to understand what I am trying to tell him and he says 

“Ok we can handle this simply by forgetting the train ride and start focusing on getting our car and going to Milford Sound and enjoying the day trip and if you want we can book a hotel and stay there for a night because the time is now 11:55am so even if we go now we still won’t get any more time than four hours if we wanted to come back in twilight/dusk”

“I believe you have proposed a great idea James and I think we should book a hotel and today happens to be the day where there is 55% of standard two-bedroom twin rooms so I think we should take the opportunity and book it right now”

“Let’s do it, Arman”

“Hey, James LOOK! The train ticket we booked has been moved to tomorrow due to minor track issues”

“That’s AWESOME”

“Ok cool I have now booked the twin rooms and just made sure that our ticket is confirmed for tomorrow 12:00pm to 4:00pm including all the stops and activities”

“Is that cool James”

“Love it I feel so much better”

“Don’t get too carried away because we still have the rental car problem to solve”

“Oh yeah I forgot about that Arman”

“Exactly”

“Anyways let’s go and have a chat with John to get up to date with the situation”

“Ok”

“Hello, John what about the cars?”

The Audi E-Tron had a minor issue with the connection of the positive wire and negative wire because it was somehow connected to the ground wire.

Right, so will we be getting that car any time soon because we need the car by tomorrow 9:00am?

Alright, I think we can make a deal and close this issue.

$900 per day for the Audi E-Tron

James, what do you think?

Done deal John can we please have the car for two days?

No problem, that will come to a total of $1850 including GST.

Let’s collect the car tomorrow.

The next day:

Here is the car enjoy, you are the first driver of this car.

A few hours later:

Don’t you just enjoy this view out of the train window overlooking the lake?

THE END:

5 thoughts on “My Narrative Writing

1. Hi Arman I really like your very VERY long narritive writing i would love to read it but its too long.

2. Oml.This is very good navvrite you did. damm its very long navvrite you really did. How long did this take? Keep it up.

3. Hi Arman
    I Love your Narrative and I see it is veryy long so it must of took you days to make this
    Great Job and keep up the good work!